POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : possible bug? : Re: possible bug? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: possible bug?
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 28 Nov 2004 13:25:31
Message: <41aa181b$1@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> schreef in bericht
> In article <41aa0748@news.povray.org> , "Zeger Knaepen"
> <zeg### [at] studentkuleuvenacbe> wrote:
>
> > Either you're a very good actor, or you really are a very unpleasant
man.
> <snip>
> > Anyway, if you don't have anything usefull to say, then why even take
the
> > time to hit the reply-button?  Do you like to get on people's nerves ?
>
> What exactly did I do to you that you insult me?

It's not just what you did to me, but your general behaviour against other
people, including me. It's your tone that's very unfriendly.  Your use of
punctuation (like the use of three questionmarks in "(why using x for a
color???)", which makes it look like you think only retarded people use 'x'
inside a color-definition, when 'x' just types about three times faster than
'red' and gives exactly the same results and 'a more minimal code' (which
was meant to be a joke, but you didn't seem to get it)), your choice of
words and your complete lack of humour (or smileys... it looks like you're
someone who never laughs...  At least I can't imagine you laughing or even
smiling).
There's nothing wrong with *what* you say, just with *how* you say it.  And
I know I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Come to think of it... the way I'm saying things, can use some improvement
too, or did anyone actually understand the nested brackets in the paragraph
above without reading it more than once? :)

> > This is no bug-report, otherwise I would have posted it in
povray.bugreports

> Then you obviously never read the bug reporting guidelines, because that
> would have been the wrong way to go.  Please read:

That's right, I haven't...

> Newsgroups: povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions
> Subject: bug reporting
> From: Alan Kong <ako### [at] povrayWWWSPAMCOMorg>
> Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:32:49 -0700

...but I have now, but apparently the way it should be done is the way I
thought it should be done, so again: this was never meant to be a
bug-report, just a question: did I miss something, or might this be a bug?

pff, maybe I shouldn't have put the word "bug" in the subject...

cu
--
ZK AKA Gaeriel
http://www.povplace.be.tf